Leak Claims – Is your Business / Home covered?

Leak Claims - Leaky Taps and Pipes“Leak claims saw an increase of 30% in the first quarter of 2021 compared to the same time in previous year”, with a total of £175m claims accounted for, according to a recent article by the Insurance Times.

In response to this, JRW Risk Solutions are urging homeowners, commercial and residential property owners, landlords and contractors and tradesman to check that their existing insurance policy adequately covers against flood damage and flood leak claims.

The domestic escape of water can occur in many different situations. In the event of a burst pipe, a leaky washing machine or dishwasher could create long lasting damage to a property, which will need to be fixed. Further to this, you could be made liable if the leak issue occurred whilst under your supervision.

For property owners who need to use a tradesman, JRW Risk Solutions recommends finding a contractor who is fully qualified and competent, one who uses good quality materials to adequately ensure that the task has been carried out to a satisfactory standard of service. Furthermore, on agreement at the contract stage, it is ok to ask if a tradesman has adequate public liability insurance encase an unforeseen event should arise.

How to protect again leak claims

For property owners, tradesmen and contractors who do not have this level of flood damage protection or are looking to protect themselves further under their public liability insurance cover, please contact our team at JRW Risk Solutions. With over 30 years of experience in the commercial insurance sector, our West Midlands insurance team can source commercial insurance cover which covers leak claims, be it Public Liability Insurance, Products Liability Insurance and Property Damage Insurance to individuals and businesses. To find out more, please contact us or see our liability website pages for further details.

Article Resources:

Scroll to Top